Title: HP Warranty Field Service Technician
Location: Tampa, Florida
Job Type: Direct Hire position with the number hours a week based on the warranty calls recieved.
Compensation: $11.50 - $15.00 Per Hour w/ job related mileage and expenses reimbursed monthly
This Install Technician performs varying degrees of problem determination and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems through the effective use of available technical resources. He/she will provide install and de-install services for technology equipment that includes, but not limited to PC Desktops, Laptops, Laser Printers, and Scanners. Hourly Position is with Accomtec; a family owned and locally operated company. Accomtec alocal HP ServiceOne Specialist and Microsoft Hosting Partner provides a wide-range of technical solutions and services to local business with an operating territory that includes the I-4 Corridor", with active clients in Tampa, Orlando, and Daytona Florida.
This is a highly technical position, install technicians interact with the client for end-user support either onsite or by phone to provide technical and installation services. Technicians are responsible for assisting the client for end-user in the setup, configuration and maintenance of network computer systems. He/she will provide install and de-install services for technology equipment that includes, but not limited to PC Desktops, Laptops, Laser Printers, and Scanners.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Ability: (Please show a relevant working experience with the following technologies on your resume):
- This is an entry level position requiring basic knowledge and 1-2 years experience of PC and printer hardware installation, repair, testing, and troubling shooting.
- 1 - 2 year(s) Experience with Technology related Customer Service.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently and resolve issues in accordance with written procedures
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a member of a team Ability to collaborate with others and exercise sensitivity in matters of confidentiality
- Proven organization skills and the ability to multi-task while maintaining strong attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively across department lines and with all levels of management
- Effective spoken and written communication skills, especially with the ability to explain technical issues in non-technical terms, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with the customer
- Demonstrates promptness in completing tasks and in maintaining a highly organized schedule to prioritize work, identify areas where improvement is needed and identify/implement solutions
- Operate and maintain standard office equipment specific to position such as, printers, Fax, and copy machines
- Ability to provide Service Desk services is preferred with a critical focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds. May be required to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet. Must comply with safety guidelines at all times.
- Must be proficient in the use and application of personal computers including DOS and Windows programs to include but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access
- Working knowledge of computer diagnostic tools and procedures is required. Ability to understand, analyze and effectively apply deployment services concepts
- Proficient with troubleshooting and resolving issues with commonly used desktop technologies.
- Ability to learn new technologies rapidly and maintains a strong personal commitment to staying current on technologies and software. As a HP, Microsoft, and Symantec partner, we will preference certifications with these vendors.
- Must have a commitment to become CompTIA A+ certified and a certified HP service technician within six months of hire.
- Must have valid driver's license and a clean driving record. Some travel between accomtec locations and client sites is required; reliable transportation and a clean driving record is required
- Residence within Hillsborough County, Florida and reliable transportation as daily travel is required. Required travel will be within, but not limited to, Hillsborough County, Florida.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet deadlines
- Two year Associate degree in a technical field, CompTIA A+, HP and Microsoft Certified Professional certifications, or equivalent
- Skills operating a computer in a Windows environment utilizing MS Project, Visio, and/or Power Point, depending on needs of assignment
- Relevant experience in the technology services industry and/or assigned work area such as, finance, sales, marketing, legal, or operations
- Demonstrate strong customer focus skills.
- Demonstrate ability to focus on attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and be positive.
- Efficiently isolate and assess the potential root causes of technical problems
- Demonstrate ability to work in a flexible, team environment, and maintains liaison with relevant users or user groups and assists with determining and communicating their needs.
- May exchange equipment parts.
May train customers on various tools and systems.
Maintains documentation and training material for supported services.
Communicates highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Coordinates transfer of customer data during system upgrades or machine breakdowns.
- Assists facilities with on-site project work for office relocation or refurbishment as needed.
- Provides hands on help to other IT groups.
- May be required to transport, set-up, and maintain systems for special events such as trade shows or conferences.
- Receives and works on break/fix requests from the Help Desk.
Sends Users replacement systems and receives repaired systems from the repair vendor.
- Other duties as assigned
- One year of experience as a Desktop Support Specialist.
- Experience working with PCs, in a formal business environment.
- Working knowledge of networks, PC related hardware/software (Windows 7 / 8) and PC maintenance required.
- A+ Certification preferred, not required (Must have a commitment to become CompTIA A+ certified and a certified HP service technician within six months of hire.)
- Part 1: Potential applicants will be required to completed an email questionnaire
- Part 2: Based on questionnaire responses, applicants may be asked to participate in a phone or onsite interview
- Part 3: Interviewed applicants may then be asked to participate in a 1-2 day working interview which will provide a real life demonstration of the position and work. This working interview will be a paid working interview
- Position will be awarded to the applicant that excels at each of the three parts of the interview process.
About Accomplished Technologies LLC d.b.a. accomtec
Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | LinkedIn | Website | Hosted Solutions
We value our employees and believe that our clients are best served by technically competent and professionally experienced consultants. Our commitment to training and professional development enables our consultants to remain current in the ever changing network arena.
Please email with a cover letter and your resume attached to be considered for a career at accomtec.